A graphic and web designer for more than 10 years, with a fine art background, her daily work is made up of images aimed at selling stuff, code lines, bugs to correct, deadlines to meet, marketing strategies to promote. She needs more poetry.
In creating only by order she feels that people have forgotten that an image is more than the consumption of products and that its true value is in the emotional impact it has on people’s heart.
She is letting go of all thoughts, guided by colours, movement and the sensation of the pen sliding on the paper, getting lost in the gestures, thrilled by the unknown. Resisting the temptation of prematurely giving a sense to the drawing, She is being guided by her unconscious. The lines are becoming entangled; the shades complement one another until the drawing becomes a closed book. She always encounters a frustrating turning point in the middle of the creative process. A point when the lines drawn in front of her are a jumbled mark, when her eyes are getting lost with no meaning, no point of access which allows interaction with the newly born image. But by emitting a harmony and balanced intention, the chaos is falling into place, an entry point is drawn like an open door onto this universe of colours and shapes, inviting her eyes in, following its own path through the image.
A simple meditation before starting allows Nathalie to be centred. Beyond the technical dexterity, managing the quality of her thoughts and intentions during the creative process is what she is focusing on with this artistic practice. By letting go, all the things she has learned over many years are allowed to flow without impediment. By doing this, she is able to create unique images that wouldn’t have been possible if she was intentionally planning them.
Natural ink of plant or mineral essence is a meditation support. By its very nature it marks the paper in a direct and permanent way. No hesitation is permitted, so this technique allows Nathalie to stay fully in the present moment. Her thoughts are getting dissolved in this liquid element which is communicating with her unconscious. Images are created in balance.
- 2015 November until 2016 April - Artists Open Houses Christmas 2015 and Art at The Claremont Hotel, Hove (Brighton)
- 2015 4-6 September - The New Artist Fair Summer Exhibition, Old Truman Brewery, Brick Lane, London E1
- 2915 August - The Float SPA, Basement 8 Third Avenue Hove BN3 2PX
- 2015 28 July-1 August - Exhibit Here’s Summer Exhibition - Menier Gallery, 51 Southwark Stree London SE1 1RU
- 2015 May - Artist Open House Brighton
- 2015 27-29 March - The New Artist Fair - Candid Arts Galleries, 5 Torrens Street Islington, London EC1V 1NQ