Since her youth, Mireia has been passionate about art which she found was a balance to her interests in more pragmatic subjects such as maths and science. This very much reflects her personality which also explains the profession as an Architect; a profession that is both regimented and boundless. Art gives her the control to break rules and paint by instinct.
Painting is Mireia chosen medium, but she is equally fascinated by sculpture and finds inspiration in works by Rodin and Michelangelo. She especially admires the manner in which Rodin seemingly left some of his pieces unfinished or rough around the edges to better express movement and life. This is a style she also enjoys in paintings, best exemplified by Turner, an artist whose use of light and tone Mireia feels has greatly affected her personal and artistic capacity.
When not completing commissions, her practise concentrates on exploring different textures and surfaces, recreating abstract landscapes.
Recently, she has been developing her ‘Earth Series’. She has been experimenting with the use of textures by applying mixed media to canvas and painting on top. This assists to accentuate the mood of the painting, and represents how time and the elements erode features of the landscape around us.
- 2016 - 26-30 October - OCTOBER EXHIBITION THE DOT INTERNATIONAL ART FAIR, Old Truman Brewery, Brick Lane
- 2016 - 15 June to 15 September - LE DAME ART GALLERY SUMMER EXHIBITION, Melia Whitehouse
- 2016 - 22 March to 2 April - UNLEASHED EXHIBITION, Menier Gallery, 51 Southwark St
- 2014 - 3-6 April - LONDON COFFEE FESTIVAL, Old Truman Brewery, Brick Lane
- 2014 - 22-30 March - THE COFFEE ART PROJECT, Truman Brewery, Shop12